Sunday, March 4, 2007

Cougar Peak #63


4.75" x 6.75" Digital

I had so much fun yesterday playing around with some of the new brushes I created in Photoshop, that I thought I would give it another go today.
One of things I just realized when I finished this painting, is that by painting the same thing everyday it has allowed me to be more creative with my technique(brushes, textures, etc..) that I do not think I would normally have pushed in the same way with my other paintings, since you are always worried about composition, perspective, and all those other things that each individual painting brings. But with this series, all of those issues stay pretty much the same from day to day other, other than a change of weather and lighting, so I can play around with new brushes, media, whatever, and get creative with the mountain. I assume as the farther I get into this project the more I will continue to push things and stretch my creativity.....we will see.

No comments: