Monday, July 2, 2007

Cougar Peak #183


4.75" x 6.75" Gouache/Pastel on Paper

HALF WAY THERE!!!!!....Wow, what a journey so far, there have been some tough days when I have not wanted to paint, but glad that I did, and there have been days when I could have painted the mountain all day long. Each day the mountain changes in some way that inspires me to go on and on and on.....whether it is a change in the lighting, weather, or the grass greening up and the mountain coming back to life, each day has been different and unique in some way.

For this image I wanted to celebrate the half way mark, so I decided to really pop the colors on this image and give it sort of a festive feel. I started out painting the image in gouache, then when I had something I liked, I came back in over the top of it with pastels, using bright yellows, reds, organges, etc....

Now on to the second half of this journey...thanks to all of you who have tagged along so far. Lets see what the second half brings!

2 comments:

Laureline said...

Congratulations! It's been wonderful to watch the series develop!

I need orange said...

It seems to me it would have been easy to let them all look very similar.

It's a treat each day to see what THIS day's image will be.