Friday, July 27, 2007

Cougar Peak #208


4.75" x 6.75" Digital

A really beautiful evening tonight, everything was lit up in oranges and reds, falling into shadow hues of purple and blue. I decided to work digital tonight in Photoshop. To begin with I filled my canvas with a sienna type fill, then over the top of that (working on a new layer) quickly laid in a sketch. For the next part I laid in the shadows of the canyon, and a blocked in the open hillsides that were catching the light. Finally I went in and worked in all the details, pushing and pulling values, and of course adding in the barn and the tree.

2 comments:

Natalie Ford said...

I really like this one!

Jared Shear said...

Thanks Natalie!!....I like how this one turned out a well. I like the oranges and the limited color palette of this piece.