Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cougar Peak #364


4.75" x 6.75" Acrylic on Illustration Board

Snow...It won't be long before this land is filled with snow. Again today snow covered the mountain in a blanket of cold white chill. For this painting I first started out by spraying my board with water, and then painting directly upon that. Once I had some shapes blocked in how I wanted....I then misted it again with the spray bottle. Finally coming back in with my brush, I lightly went over the areas I sprayed, pulling off the paint, leaving a nice "snowflake" texture.

Tomorrow will be the BIG one. The final image of this long project.....hard to imagine that it will be coming to an end, but to an end it will come. Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Natalie Ford said...

I have enjoyed watching you do this project through this blog - do you think that you might carry on and/or do something different?

Jared Shear said...

Thanks Natalie....I've enjoyed having you tag along with me through the year, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

I think I am done with Cougar Peak at least for the moment, but I'm sure I will revisit it from time to time.....and I haven't quite figured out what I could do next, but probably the first thing on my agenda will be to take a wee break.